May 24, 2007

Acts 10:44-48

You know, I've read this multiple times over the years. The whole book. The whole chapter.

SO WHY AM I JUST NOW UNDERSTANDING IT???

A group of people are filled with the Holy Spirit BEFORE getting baptized?

Why have I never heard this preached in church before??

Now I'm pissed off...

As far as I'm concerned, this completely blows any arguments out of the water. It's the Bible, for crying out loud! I can't argue with it.

There is NOTHING in the text that suggest these people were already "saved." As it reads, they just now heard about Jesus from Peter. And IMMEDIATELY the Holy Spirit filled these men. Not just filled, but caused them to speak in tongues!!

And then it happens AGAIN in Acts 11:15-18!!

That's it. I'm pissed, and it's over. People have a lot of explaining to do.

No comments: